Wednesday, December 3, 2008

hellos

I've been feeling really crafty recently and I thought I'd start this blog to write about the things I have been making! Anyone who knows me realizes that I'll also likely (quite often) branch into simply posting batches of photos of my new kitten doing adorable things. Don't say I didn't warn you!

I've also (finally) got my etsy shop up and running. Check it out here: thestitchwoods.etsy.com

I LOVE etsy. I have had an account for years for buying, and this year did 80% of my Christmas shopping there. The variety and quality of items on there blows me away. The users are incredibly friendly and respectful and creative, and I love receiving little manila envelopes in the mail, with treasures inside, often beautifully wrapped and stuffed with free gifts!
I have wanted to start up my own etsy shop for ages and finally got my act together and did it. Thank you to ThompsonDesigns for making my lovely little banner.

So far I have listed a few fabric wrapped necklaces and some vintagey little handmade gift tags. I have been collecting loads of fabrics (Amy Butler, Alexander Henry and also pretty vintage bedsheets as per usual) so there will be many more necklaces coming!

I've also been re-visiting block printing, which is something that drove me crazy/I loved in school. Many cute little printed paper and wood items to come!

The thing I am finding the most difficult sadly is having enough day-light hours to photograph the things I have made. Too much working, not enough craft time.

No comments: