Monday, December 15, 2008

zero to 1 in...2 weeks.

I had my first sale on etsy on the weekend, which was really exciting as I had no idea how long it would take, and the whole '0 sales' at the bottom of my profile was distressing.

I've been spending a lot of time in the forums, talking to sellers and learning all their crafty selling tips. There are hundreds of thousands of people on there all day chatting away about their shops! Its a whole etsian world.

I made a few new necklaces that I will be listing on Wednesday. I'm trying hard to fill my shop so it doesn't look so minimal and empty. I'm working on a braided fabric version too.

I also finally made a necklace for myself! I love this grey/neon yellow lace print fabric.


Still working on the block printing. Water-based ink is a huge frustration! It dries so quickly, doesn't seem to take as well to the things I have been printing on, runs and bleeds easily and is generally harder to work with that oil based inks. Oh well, it's a (re-)learning process!

No comments: